Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcel Mutter
Forum MemberPosts: 92
Like?
To all users of Pocketwizard and Canon 1D MKIV camera
Jul 17, 2012

I like find out if users of the Pocketwizard Mini TT1/Flex TT5 and a Canon 1D MKIV experience the same problems a I do.

I have checked it out with my own camera and with a rental 1D MKIV and they both behave differently than the combination used with Pocketwizard in USA which is used to produce the settings for the radios worldwide.

In the radios I have to select the Canon 7D and not as expected the Canon 1D MKIV setting to have a working combination with both cameras.

When I select 1D MKIV in the radios I get black bars from 2000/sec in HSS and my HyperSync goes up to 400/sec instead of 500/sec in the 7D mode.

The strange thing is that support of Pocketwizard can't reproduce my results. When support puts the 7D setting the radios the flash won't fire and the LED on the radios blinks to signal a communication error.

We are puzzled about this difference in behavior and now I want to check if there are other users of this combination experience the same thing.

Important is that you put in your reaction the following information:

• FCC or CE version of the Pocketwizards (look at the label underneath your radios)

• do you life in the USA, Europe or any other country

• do you have or no black bars over 1600/sec or higher speeds

• do you use the 7D or 1D MKIV setting in your Pocketwizards

I am looking forward to your results using the Pocketwizards Mini TT1/Flex TT5 and your Canon 1D MKIV.

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow