Characteristics of the DPR Display System ...

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,259Gear list
Like?
Re: Characteristics of the DPR Display System ...
In reply to Detail Man, Jul 17, 2012

Detail Man wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

sherwoodpete wrote:

I've a feeling the message may be lost in the very technical wording.

If I wrote for some imagined "lowest common denominator", the limit of substantive content would likely converge upon zero rather quickly (wouldn't you say) ? ....

If you wrote for the common audience, and changed into high-tech when prompted by those who push for more info, you'd get less negative reactions to your white-paper type posts.

Speaking a different language, forcing it on acquaintances not avidly seeking to learn the new language - it will fail every time.

Just a suggestion.

Bob, my friend, if the most basic things about JPEG encoding and JPEG characteristics constitute a "foreign language" to readers, they might consider making some effort to endeavor on their own to better understand them. Or, they might endeavor to inquire of the OP for specific clarification of specific details. Both of those possibilities are reasonable. Why neither of these two things occur is not a mystery that I am able to unravel - nor do I feel some obligation to unravel. My writing is not "forcing" anything upon anyone, ever. I don't measure success based upon whiney complaints.

I am a poster - not a public agency or educational institution obligated to pamper random plaintiffs.

Witnessing your frustrations with responses at times, I thought that might be a useful tactic to consider. It only has as much value as you find it holds, so my apologies for wasting your time.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow