Peru: Cuzco & Inca trail to Machu Picchu - 5DII

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
calvinboy24
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
Re: Peru: Cuzco & Inca trail to Machu Picchu - 5DII
In reply to XFitter, Jul 17, 2012

XFitter wrote:

Great shots! I'm going there in a few weeks and doing the Salkantay trail for 5 days. Any tips? Did you use any ND's or polarizers? Tripod? I would guess not if you were keeping it minimal...

Machu Picchu does not allow tripods, unless, I recall, it's for a professional shoot and you get approval ahead of time. The guards do enforce this, as I saw one gentlemen be required to check in his tripod at the front gate. I spoke to him later about it and he said the guards were pretty adamant.

Luckily, I knew this ahead of time, so I brought my SLR Gorillapod which worked great.

If you can allow yourself to get there early to avoid the crowds (like 6am), then you can perch on the tiered landscape over the main area and get some nice shots.

I also recommend climing Waynu Picchu BEHIND Machu Picchu where you're above MP. They only allow 400 visitors a day where you have to sign in then sign out when you return.

calvinboy24's gear list:calvinboy24's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M8 Olympus PEN E-PL1 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow