I Just Discovered The S100FS

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ConanFuji
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,199Gear list
Like?
Re: I Just Discovered The S100FS
In reply to expressivecanvas, Jul 17, 2012

Their master plan is to maximize profits, consumer satisfaction comes in second.

expressivecanvas wrote:

I can see why you and others bemoan the loss of image quality as they have changed sensors - I can only assume that they have some masterplan that mere mortals won't understand.

No master plan. Fujifilm let the marketing sock puppets have control of product development. So more megapixels and video became ultra important.

I kind of agree with Ratty here... I highly doubt there is any 'master plan'. I get the impression that the Fuji of today (and going back to about 2-3 years ago) is plagued with exceptionally poor leadership that is completely out of touch with reality (hence being exceptionally poor). I think only those at the top are allowed to make any decisions whatsoever (even the simplest and most basic of decisions) and they are so far removed from reality that their decision-making abilities are ridiculously flawed. They are locked inside a corporation and can only see what they are told by those around them. God forbid they step out into the real world for a month or two and ask real people real questions. I have lost complete faith in Fuji having any reasonable 'master plan', or reasonable business plan, or any reasonable plan for their future.

The S100FS was their last great 'point-and-shoot' camera. They then went a completely different direction with these EXR sensors which do not even compare. One could argue they went with CMOS sensors for the video... What video? Fuji video? Fuji video is useless. They should have stuck with their SuperCCD sensors and continued down a path with a "real photographer's camera"... getting back to basics, yet a nice enriched menu, foregoing video, and just focus on still image quality and the feature set we already see in the S100FS (manual zoom, nice fit in hand, film simulation, yet an enriched menu system allowing more photographic control)... Instead, Fuji went with "gimmicky" and "quirky" and "defective" and "useless" (for some so-called features).

I don't see any reasonable 'master plan' coming from Fuji.

Patrick

ConanFuji's gear list:ConanFuji's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F500 EXR Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow