Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
can uhs cards damage nx cameras?
Jul 17, 2012

I was looking to buy a UHS card. Not particularly to boost write speeds since my camera doesn't support UHS, but it wouldn't hurt to, and I've started considering memory a long-term investment in terms of the performance-grade you purchase. I could buy a cheap one now, but I'll probably want to buy a better one later.

Anyway, I was reading this review page:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3H41QJ4TZ1356/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B003D5MY5I&nodeID=172282&store=electronics#wasThisHelpful

And one poster was saying that Sandisk tech support told him that using UHS cards on non-UHS compliant equipment could damage the equipment, and apparently there are some Canons specifically that went cold after doing so.

Is this true? I don't see an issue of using faster memory on slower hardware (other than not getting the full speed)...but then again, I'm not exactly qualified to know.

I just ask here because I know a lot of people were asking about using UHS on the samsung nx200/210/20 and how even though they're not UHS compliant, it helps the write speeds a little.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow