ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rsk1
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
XP1 Focusing Problems - Help Requested
Jul 17, 2012

Hello,

I recently purchased an XP1 via Amazon Warehouse (Used - Like New condition) with a new 35mm lens. After my first weekend of shooting, I have a feeling I received a defective camera.

Frequently when I take a shot where the focus rectangle is fully encompassed by the subject, the camera focuses on the background instead (which in these instances often seems to be better lit). This is extremely frustrating - I've tried taken pictures of people, static items, etc. and still miss focus 50% of the time on these types of shots.

I've tried changing the size of the focus point from large to small - no difference. It seems to me that if the focus rectangle is squarely on something (fully encompassed), and the focus confirmation appears (green rectangle), that item should be in focus. Am I crazy?

I would appreciate it if you other XP1 owners would chime in with either confirmation that this is abnormal behavior or advice!

BTW - I've been using the OVF with both corrected and uncorrected focus points. Using corrected focusing (where it indicates the close-in and infinity points), even if BOTH the close-in and infinity points are encompassed by the subject, it STILL does this.

Thanks,
Ray

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow