Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PaulBearer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,487Gear list
Like?
Photo Tours - Looking for Ideas.....
Jul 17, 2012

Does anyone have experience taking a photo tour that they can highly recommend.

I am considering traveling somewhere to take a photo tour with a professional teacher, in a group, for a week or so. Place in the world isn't that critical as I have a lot of frequent flyer miles to use.

I want good value and a good instructor - I don't want cheap, but don't need 5 start accommodations, although good food is a plus, and will be traveling alone. Immediate and advanced level. Helpful if instructor uses Nikon gear.

I want to improve my photography, but I also believe in the adage "To take beautiful photographs, stand in front of beautiful things."

Many years ago, a photography teacher answered a question from the class, asking what equipment the student should buy if he had $1000. The instructor said to buy a $200 camera [this was a really long time ago], a lot of film, and a plane ticket - I've always wanted to do the plane ticket part, and the statement has always stayed in my head.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow