Characteristics of the DPR Display System ...

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,837
Like?
Re: Have you brought this information to the PTB ?
In reply to Simon Joinson, Jul 16, 2012

Simon Joinson wrote:

That's good to hear. It seems (to me) that since the Originals are stored in drive-space anyway, that it would certainly be nice if the Original JPGs were not converted to raster-format, and re-encoded as JPEGs (at least) in cases where no change to image pixel-size is required for display.

Agreed

One other issue that seems (to me) to be worth considering arises from this information posted:

Steen Bay wrote:

The pixel-height after clicking twice is also 1200 pixels on my monitor, so seems that's the max size shown in posts, regardless of the resolution of the monitor and the original image.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=42028014

(From what I have read), (at least some, but perhaps all) internet browsers report the user's computer operating-system's selected screen-size (in pixels) to web-sites. This information could be used to scale the display-size (in pixels) of images on a user's computer monitor in a way such that the "Large" display-size (when viewing in a DPR Gallery), or after left-clicking twice on a dsiplayed image in a post, would conform exactly to their particular computer monitor screen-size (in pixels, and as configured in their computer's op-system). That would be a very useful and helpful feature.

I (myself) have 1200 pixel-height screen-size, and routinely upload images that themselves have a 1200 pixel-height - so I had not previously been aware of the above-reported behavior when authoring this thread's original post. When I download the "Large" size images from a few images in my DPR Gallery where the stored Original have significantly larger pixel-heights, I get a 1200 pixel-height image. (Apparently), this pixel-height is a "preset" independent of any data pertaining to my own screen's pixel-height ? It seems that such may be the case from the above information.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow