RX100 video IQ impressive

Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Markr041
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,073Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 video IQ impressive
In reply to Tapper123, Jul 16, 2012

"I think everyone here implicitly understands he is comparing video quality to other small digital cameras, and not video-specific hardware."

I think you are wrong. And I do not believe that most people in this forum understand what the limitations and shortcomings of the video are. If people are going to talk about video in this camera forum, then it should be informed talk. And it does not do any harm to provide a relevant benchmark.

The RX100 is touted as a video camera; should that aspect only be discussed in the video forum? Where do we get to talk about the true quality of the video?

I agree with everyone it is amazing to get good video in a small package, but this is also acomplished in just-as-small video cameras, with higher quality. Such camcorders do not take still pictures near as good (streets behind) as the RX100, and discussants of video cameras should not also be led to believe that they take impressive stills relaiv to megapixel big sensor cameras.

It is too bad we cannot yet get a small camera that equally takes state of the art stills and videos. The RX100 is the best yet, but video has a ways to go.

Markr041's gear list:Markr041's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow