Is there such a Windows tool?

Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Collette
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,639Gear list
Like?
Re: Is there such a Windows tool?
In reply to skyglider, Jul 16, 2012

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions. I haven't had a chance to look at anything yet (offsite at the moment), but I'll look at the links provided.

I suggested to the client that he completely uninstall Access 97, remove all traces of it, and reinstall. However, he is reluctant to do so, being fearful that some old DLLs may be left when installing the original program (there were several updates & service packs along the way). I suggested that he make a backup (he has Acronis 2010) before he starts and then he can easily get back to where he started should everything not work correctly (after uninstalling/reinstalling). He is determined to try to repair the current installation, although I suspect it would be faster in the end to uninstall/reinstall (he has a flash drive with all of the Access updates he's done). What complicates things is that the client lives in another state, so I can't "play" with the system directly, everything is being done via email or telephone.

Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it. I'll let you know how it all works out in the end (may be a few days).

Bob

Bob Collette's gear list:Bob Collette's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow