Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 351Gear list
Like?
So T4i > Sony A65?
Jul 16, 2012

Well it seems my last post had gotten away from my topic on trying to get help on deciding which camera to get. I've narrowed it down to either the Canon T4i or the Sony A65. The problem, is that when I try them both out in stores, I really like both of them. So I'm needing help from the forums here with opinions on both the Canon and Sony side to see what you guys think are the weakness and strengths of each and which you would go with?

I'll start by saying that I really don't care for shooting videos, only stills. And that I also am
Not willing to spend more on lenses than what the camera is worth. I'm

Not a serious photographer nor do I plan to be one, I would just like to be able to compose nice landscape shots as that's what I mostly do. I also shoot some pics of friends, family, and some Micro. But that's about all. Maybe some fast action shots for wildlife and wake boarding would be nice too. I should also mention that I will most likely stick with JPEG files as Im not really sure what the whole thing over RAW files is. I also don't really do any post processing of my photos as I think it takes away from the whole experience. I think a good shot should be taken with the camera and not made

to look so on the computer (no offense to those who choose to do this though as I can appreciate and admire a lot of the work you guys do!)

So please help me out with some opinions! It'd be greatly appreciated as I'm looking to grab either one this week for a weekend trip down south to Big Bear and Malibu

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow