time exposure 60d

Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brian Lund
Regular MemberPosts: 476
Like?
Re: time exposure 60d
In reply to Tuckerpup, Jul 16, 2012

Tuckerpup wrote:

I didn't know there even was a cable release for these cameras - not like the old days when you screwed the plunger into the shutter release.

There is, electric cable releases, RS60-E3 for the lower-end cameras and RS80-N3 for the higher end ones. The Canon originals are pretty expensive though, you can find cheap copies that are working well on ebay for less than $5 including shipping!

No fancy features though, just a remote release and push-and-hold, but that's all I need! I do own an original though, I was not aware of the chineese versions until after i bought one...

I use an old remote from my EOS Elan, and it works fine, but I find the camera is very picky about the aim - I have to reach around to the front of the camera and point right into the face of the camera. are the newer remotes more forgiving?

No, and that's why I use my cable (RS80-N3)! I usually don't need to be far away from my camera, I just need it to be steady and/or use bulb mode!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow