E-M5 goes on a trip, then goes on another

Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
efg40
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,176Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 goes on a trip, then goes on another
In reply to Susan G, Jul 16, 2012

Susan G wrote:

The photo of your Dad and his friend radiates joy!

You got some great shots all around -- but you didn't mention which lens you used. As I'm struggling about which lens to buy, I'm constantly curious to know what others have used to get nice sharp images, which yours are. Those jelly fish look much better in the aquarium than they do in the sea near where I live -- makes swimming not fun in July.

My mom is 96 so I know what you mean about having a good model for growing old! I'll be visiting her in a couple of weeks and hope to buy the EM5 while in the US.

Susan
--

http://www.pbase.com/susan_gordon

Thanks Susan! I know what you mean about jellyfish. I had a horrible run-in with one years ago and the ocean hasn't been the same for me since. But seeing them behind glass is fascinating, and maybe there's a little "ha ha" in there for me.

I used the 14-42 kit lens. If you don't have any other lenses yet like I didn't, I think the kit lenses are a good place to start. I went with the 14-42 because size and price, and then flexibility were at the top of my priority list. I also use Lightroom and think that makes a big difference with pics from this camera!

-- hide signature --

Elizabeth
efg40

efg40's gear list:efg40's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow