Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RealXenuis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,153Gear list
Like?
Can you reproduce these image characteristics - X-Pro1 + LR4
Jul 16, 2012

Hi all, I am experiencing some ugly low light noise image characteristics with my X-Pro1 and I wanted to source you folks before I ship it off for repair. The two images below were Jpeg's taken in very low light at ISO 6400 and then exposure bumped up in LR4.

In the concert image, I shot with the 18mm, f/2, 1/125. I'm getting very ugly color noise splotching mostly in the darkest areas of the image. I pushed this to max exposure in LR4, so about +5. I can pretty consistently get this result at 6400 and I've seen it in images as low as 3200 (perhaps lower, but I haven't looked extensively). Pushing a very dark image like this with other digital images has sometimes gotten weird results, but considering how far I have been able to push other XP1 images at all ISO settings, and lately starting to see this particular type of noise/blotching rear it's head a lot at 6400, I feel like something's wrong.

The second image of the girls face was taken with the 35mm, f/1.4, ISO 6400 and at 1/60. I pushed that one to +2.6 exposure, and it shows the light/white horizontal line issue. This issue is very consistent at 3200 and above in low light. I've seen it at 1600 and I almost always see it at 6400 at this light level and these settings, and more prevalent with the 35 than the 18, and less so with the 60 (though I'm not yet convinced that means anything, as I have indeed seen it with the 60, for instance).

I've not seen these issues in any online examples/samples of images from the XP1 at these settings, and several members here (thank you!) have suggested that this is probably a sensor/camera defect, as they are not getting results like mine, and have posted examples of images with similar settings that have very uniform, unobjectionable noise, and none of the horizontal line issues or blotching I'm having.

I anyone else able to reproduce these issues in similar light/settings and pushing exposure similarly in LR4?

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow