Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Gore
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,512
Like?
Sony 5N with the Voighlander 15mm
Jul 16, 2012

I just picked up this lens last week,Its the gorgeous chrome version and came with the adapter..I did not care for the optics on the sony 16mm so I thought I would give this a try.

Since the Nex cameras manually focus so easily using their pixel mapping I was anxious to see how well this lens worked.

In a word, brilliant!!All I do is set the camera on "A" and then choose the appropriate f stop on the front of the silky smooth lens...the camera does the rest including shutter speed and ISO if you have the camera set on auto iso.

With this wide a lens set at 4.5 etc its amazing just how little refocusing you have to do..the pictures are incredibly sharp and contrasty...And, did I say small, this thing is tiny and set on the 5N it has such a solid but light feeling.

One note of caution, while this lens will work well on the Nex7 there is some purple fringing on the corners..its quite useable but not perfect like on the 5N.

I'm so impressed with this little gem I just found a 35mm 1.7 Voighlander on ebay, also chrome..With my silver 5N body the chrome lens with the silver OLED VF looks simply beautiful...having a hard time taking this off...Fortunately, I have another 5N for my 50mm 1.8 and my Nex7 for my 24mm 1.8 and my 18-200.

Anyway, I highly recommend this lens to any Nex owners looking for a wide prime lens..I paid $500 on EBAY
--
Dave

http://www.pbase.com/dsg2/daves_pictures
http://www.pbase.com/image/22632338/original.small jpg

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow