ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt Swanson
Regular MemberPosts: 106
Like?
Europe Trip Lens Advice
Jul 16, 2012

Hey all!

So in a few weeks I'll be leaving the States for a trip to see family in Paris (and countryside) and Munich. Right now my kit is as follows:

5D III
17-40 L 4.0
85 1.8
70-200 L 4.0 (Non-IS).

While this gets me by with MOST of my needs, I'm thinking about renting a lens or two for the trip. Any suggestions? I'd like to pick up a 50mm (either 1.4 or 1.8), as I don't have that range covered.

I'll be doing a lot of walking around, especially within Paris and Munich (not so much hanging with the kiddies in the country), but since I'm used to carrying my sling-bag, I'm assuming one more lens won't make a huge difference.

But should I look for something along the lines of the 24-105/24-70 to rent, therefore giving me a pretty good range and thereby eliminating the need to bring the whole kit every time I go for a walk?

Just curious to see if anyone has any specific, real-world advice from a trip like this. It's been a while since I traveled abroad.

Thanks in advance! Any and all suggestions welcome!

-Swanson

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow