Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt Swanson
Regular MemberPosts: 118Gear list
Europe Trip Lens Advice
Jul 16, 2012

Hey all!

So in a few weeks I'll be leaving the States for a trip to see family in Paris (and countryside) and Munich. Right now my kit is as follows:

17-40 L 4.0
85 1.8
70-200 L 4.0 (Non-IS).

While this gets me by with MOST of my needs, I'm thinking about renting a lens or two for the trip. Any suggestions? I'd like to pick up a 50mm (either 1.4 or 1.8), as I don't have that range covered.

I'll be doing a lot of walking around, especially within Paris and Munich (not so much hanging with the kiddies in the country), but since I'm used to carrying my sling-bag, I'm assuming one more lens won't make a huge difference.

But should I look for something along the lines of the 24-105/24-70 to rent, therefore giving me a pretty good range and thereby eliminating the need to bring the whole kit every time I go for a walk?

Just curious to see if anyone has any specific, real-world advice from a trip like this. It's been a while since I traveled abroad.

Thanks in advance! Any and all suggestions welcome!

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow