Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dellaaa
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
Why Sony is loosing money, IMHO
Jul 16, 2012

I posted this before and I think, if Sony reads these blogs at all (which IDK if they do) its a good thing to say.

I think part of the reason Sony is not doing as well as it could is exemplified by its NEX product line.

The NEX 7 is really brilliant, I have posted this many times, but the company is so big and so slow to react that they cannot, or don't even care to capitalize on it.

The NEX 7 could use some firmware tweaks (video button and EV bracketing minimally), rumors abound but nothing. A firmware update would do much to foster good feelings in their existing client base.

Lenses, they are either non existent or weird. Whoever sat in the room and decided that a fast prime wasn't really necessary and that a 30mm macro was the lens to produce should be fired.

Stop saying legacy glass is great, its big, no auto focus, no IS and many times is not up to the sensor.

You can defend them all you want, but face the fact that Sony is too big to care.

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow