Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kartikmani2000
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: So what you're saying is...
In reply to texinwien, Jul 16, 2012

texinwien wrote:

...That your OM-D is not dead.

That it seems to work with most lenses, but with one combination of lens (from another maker) + adapter, there seems to be a problem.

That you haven't really gotten to the bottom of the problem yet - is it the adapter? The lens? The camera?

That you flip out easily at the first tiny sign of trouble.

Btw, I've traded a number of emails with Olympus support over the past few weeks, and they've been helpful, courteous and quick to respond in all cases. Your description of Olympus support doesn't jibe with most that I've seen, nor does it match my own experience. Maybe you flipped out when you contacted them?

Anyway, here's to hoping you find Sony's support more helpful.

It IS the camera. None of my lenses with electronic contacts work. Including an OLYMPUS 12-50 lens. Courteous does not get you anywhere. I am going to be without a camera for weeks while Olympus fixes my camera. I did not expect this level of reliability on a "premium product". I do have the latest firmware. I have reset the lens. I am not flipping out at the first sign of trouble. I have been trying to get this to work for several weeks now - to no avail.

And BTW, if a camera does not function with its own KIT lens, and I mean completely locks out when the lens is attached, it is DEAD.

Kartikmani2000's gear list:Kartikmani2000's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Leica M9-P Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph Mega OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow