Do have a 430EXII and 10-22mm?

Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
belfox
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: Do have a 430EXII and 10-22mm?
In reply to JulesJ, Jul 16, 2012

JulesJ wrote:

I do not have an external flash for my 7D and need one specifically because the inbuilt flash on the 7D causes a shadow from the 10-22mm lens in the bottom of the image when shooting fully wide. Question, will the 439EXII be high enough when mounted on the 7D to avoid this?

It should, unless you're shooting at very short range

Also I see in the spec that it's widest operation is with a 14mm lens. Is it ok with the 10-22 at it's widest of 10mm?

You'll be OK, because the 7D and the 430 EXII communicate about the sensor size and adapt accordingly. The 14 mm setting (with manual diffusor) would cover approx. 8mm on your 7D. Or you could consider your 10-22 as a 16-35 coverage on FF.

A tiny bit of edge fall off wouldn't be disastrous. I would be interested to hear from anyone using this lens/camera/Speedlight collaboration. (I guess which camera is not too important as most would produce the same effect).
Thanks in advance.
Jules

-- hide signature --

Julesarnia on twitter

belfox's gear list:belfox's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 300D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow