Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PdL59
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Colors in EVF on E-M5
Jul 16, 2012

With a few days of experimenting with my new E-M5 I have noticed something I find strange.

When I use the EVF to compose a picture I see bleached and washed up colors (for instance when I am outdoors in aiming at trees and other nature scenes in evening sun). I take a picture and see the result for half a second. The resulting picture has much nicer and warmer colors than live view. I have the Picture mode at default "Natural" which I believe is influencing the colors of the resulting picture.

I know it is possible to adjust things for the EVF in the menu, but I find it very strange that the resulting picture looks good through the EVF but the Live View is much worse. If I adjust the color settings in menu, would that not change how I see the resulting picture also? I never experienced a big difference between Live View and Resulting picture viewing EVF with my Panasonic G2. Or is this the a result of that Olympus has a superior JPEG handling?

Any similar experiences or tips how to get around this?

PdL59's gear list:PdL59's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +10 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow