D4 & D800E in use at The Wimbledon Tennis Championships..

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
RBFresno
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,927Gear list
Like?
Re: D4 & D800E at Wimbledon--High Quality Pics & Post!
In reply to Deegee, Jul 15, 2012

I attempt a jocular response so please do not take offence!

Having received a very kind comment from you I regret I have to send a very critical one in response. Your web site does not work very well. In the spirit of this forum I clicked on the first link you provided. It took me to one tennis shot I wanted to check out more so clicked next and found a dog photo that did not interest me too much.

I clicked next again and found a stunning shot of a startling attractive young lady in a bikini. I then found myself in a loop where I could not exit from a variety of images of more startling young ladies in bikinis despite my deep desire to return to boring shots of tennis players thwacking balls.

I jest (you have some great shots of both tennis, dogs and bikinis) but in all honesty your web site was difficult to navigate and my story of the tennis, dogs and bikinis route is actually factual.

(Those pictures resided in a gallery of "200VR examples", thus accounting for the potpourri of images).

I am very appreciative of your kind comments about my tennis images but repeat what I have said in other posts; given the position and the right gear they are not too hard to capture.

You have some great images but your site was a bit of a struggle to navigate. I use Zenfolio – have you ever considered them? If you are interested I shall send you more details.

Hi!

Thanks for the comments!

I would indeed appreciate futher info on Zenfolii.

My pbase site is somewhat like my garage; both started out clean and empty, and now both are in need of attention!

I joined Pbase years ago primarily as a way to post images, and was initially oblivious to any thoughts of organization! Unfortunately I now have over 3,000 images there and even putting them into subgalleries, the organization/clutter is in need of attention.
So bascially I agree with you!

BTW, one of the annoying things about pbase is that clicking on "previous" and "next" within a gallery can transfer you out of that gallery and into another..

This can happen if you have the same image in several galleries (e.g. the bikini gal might be in "200VR Examples", "Models", "Hawaii" galleries).

However, if one is looking at the image in the "Model" gallery and clicks on "Next", they might be directed to the "200VR" gallery. Further clicking can indeed get you into an endless loop.

I have been thinking of starting a new, less cluttered gallery from scratch and wondering if I should use something other than pBase. So I look forward to any advice you might have about Zenfolio!

Thanks Again!

RB

http://www.dpreview.com/members/2305099006/challenges
http://www.pbase.com/rbfresno/profile

RBFresno's gear list:RBFresno's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow