Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pops
Senior MemberPosts: 1,179Gear list
Like?
Retina Display MacBook Pro
Jul 15, 2012

I recently posed questions regarding my switching to Apple after many years of using PC's.

I have never used Apple products except for recent use of my ladies iPad 2 & inquired about buying an iMac or an Mac Mini.

Because the iMac & Mac Mini will not be upgraded sooner than October according to rumors, I decided to purchase a Retina Display MacBook Pro.

After looking at Best Buy and a local Apple dealer and not being able to option the MacBook Pro to the specs I wanted I opted to buy my RDMBP from my B&H Photo Video and saw that I have at least a 3 to 4 week waiting period. I don't mind this wait as I am hoping it will come already upgraded with Mountain Lion by then.

My reason for this post is to inquire as to what other software I should purchase for my MacBook Pro.

I do plan to buy Aperture which I will buy even though have and Photoshop CS5 and also LR 4.1.

I have no idea what comes standard with a Mac computer other than the OS & Safari so I am in need of some advice as to other software programs I might use like what I would use in the place of Irfanview that I have used for years and also a replacement for Qimage that I will sorely miss.

I would also like to know of a lightweight but durable case for my RDMBP large enough to hold the case and the Magic Mouse I ordered with my computer.

Any suggestions and help regarding my getting started with my first Apple product would be most appreciated. I am also planning to purchase Dual DVI cables to use with my Nec PA271W monitor.

I am planning to also upgrade my desk top just as soon as the iMac is upgraded or if not that a Mac Mini but most likely the iMac. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me. Pops

pops's gear list:pops's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 100D
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow