Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,322Gear list
Like?
Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.4 Flare
Jul 15, 2012

First, I like the lens for the most part.

But there are 2 quirks that have me wondering whether this is the lens in general or just the used one I purchased. The description on Amazon noted, "Like New" and I can clearly see the tiniest of dust particles under the front lens. They are really tiny, but still visible and I'd guess there are 15 "specks". I am almost ready to send this back as not being the lens that was advertised. I could also get it cleaned locally. The seller included the lens hood so I already feel like I saved some money I was going to spend.

But I notice 2 things when I shoot with my kitchen lights in the background. 1 is purple CA. I can live with this even if it means using Photoshop to correct it since Aperture does a poor job in this regard. But I also notice some lens flare. Could this be the result of the dust or is this common with this lens?

I can get these 3 green flare spots pretty consistently as well (and they shift as I pan left and right).

Should I try getting the tiny dust particles cleaned out (any idea as to cost)? Should I just contact the Amazon reseller and note that this isn't as advertised [used with lens hood was $429 so that seemed too good to be true]? Thanks for any tips or advice you can offer.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow