ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Johan01
Regular MemberPosts: 459
Like?
What's wrong with my photographs?
Jul 15, 2012

Hi guys,

I was a working photographer a long time ago doing weddings and portraits. I got fed up with those gigs and haven't tried it as a profession until the last couple of years. I now do landscape/nature and am hoping to get back into the industry.

Something strange is happening though. Maybe you guys can help me figure it out.

I feel like every time I go out, I put in more and more effort to get unique shots of higher quality. As I keep thinking I am getting better and better, feedback on my work keeps getting harsher or non-existent. I've always felt very objective about my quality, and can't figure out how my latest work isn't much better than my previous stuff.

Have a look at my website, which has some samples of my work.

http://www.johaneickmeyer.com/

The website is going to be redone soon to look better.

I've kind of halted my work temporarily to asses if I am just becoming delusional or what.

Any ideas, guys? Does my work really suck more? DO people become more and more critical when they perceive the content to be of higher quality?

I take feedback on my work, VERY seriously, so this has been causing me a lot of angst lately.

Thanks!
Johan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow