Another EM-5 vs DSLR thread (what would you do?)

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marcello Zini
Contributing MemberPosts: 819Gear list
Like?
Re: I got tired of the heavy DSLR and enjoy my new Olympus Pen very much
In reply to Berghof, Jul 15, 2012

As a matter of fact, my... style (read lazyness) does not get along with dsrl size for street and general photography. More than once I brought the d70 on a vacation or business trip but ended up taking no pictures at all. Things go much better with the Pana lx3, of course, due to the small size and the discrete impression on people. Things are different when I take pictures on a semi-pro assignment where I can hold the camera for the whole time, I can leave the bag somewhere safe, I can use Nikon CLS and all that. I think I'll test how Oly flash system works and, if too far away from Nikon one, I'll keep the 2 systems. Unless Oly/Pana come out with some hybrid professional m43 system, we'll see

Thanks for replying

Berghof wrote:

I would definitely go the 4/3 system, unless you are a pro shooter then I don't really see need for burdening myself with the heavy duty equipment of DSLRs
--
Berghof G.C.

-- hide signature --

...slowly building my gallery at
http://picasaweb.google.com/marcellozini

/\arcello

Marcello Zini's gear list:Marcello Zini's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm Nikon Coolpix 2500 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow