Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Reikan FoCal
Jul 15, 2012

I know there have been several threads concerning Reikan FoCal and how well it finds and sets the correct MFA values on cameras. I have read those threads and that is the reason for this posting.

I expect to order FoCal as soon as my 5D3 arrives and I was wondering if the Plus version is sufficient for general (ie, non-professional) use. All I want to do is to set the MFA values for my various lenses (Canon 24-105, 70-300 DO, 100-400, 50 f/1.4) as best I can. I understand that there are reports generated by the Pro version, but as interesting as those might be (and I think they would be interesting) that functionality does not seem particularly important to me as a non-professional user.

So, for just general camera use (landscapes, portraits, family photos, some BIF) is there anything worthwhile in the Pro version for me? Or is the Plus version sufficient? For that matter, is the Standard version sufficient?

Thanks for any information.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow