Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blosshapperter
Regular MemberPosts: 126Gear list
Like?
Possible bug OMD EM5 using S-AF+MF
Jul 15, 2012

Sometimes you really need a focus ring and that's why we are provided with one: automatic does not work in all cases.

There's also this fabulous option to zoom in automagically when you touch the ring.
This works quite nice with a few points to note from my side

[OMD EM5 V1.1; options: magnification enabled, shutter does not disable magnification]

• I haven't yet found a possiblity to choose magnification during manual focus. I admit I haven't used all buttons and wheels since my motives were moving. Well...

• I also haven't yet found a fast possibility to hop in and out of magnification view.

• finally: when you select the focus point by touch the automagic magnification is not activated. Since choosing the focus point by touch display is very fast and intuitive I'd propose Olympus should fix this point.

Same could be true for plain MF setting. I haven't checked this yet. Well, I bought a camera with well-performing AF for a reason, didn't I?

Pls check also my other forum entries:

playback http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&message=42028476
flash http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=42028642
--
The lust for comfort murders the passions of the soul. - Kahlil Gibran

blosshapperter's gear list:blosshapperter's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow