Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kaizr
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
HX9V for outdoor concert
Jul 15, 2012

I am borrowing my parents HX9V for an outdoor concert next week and haven't had much of a chance to play around with the settings.

The show is expected to start about 8:45-9pm (GMT in UK = twilight/dark), where I will most likely be stood 20m+ away from the stage.

Are there any optimal settings that I should leave the camera in to take all still shots? I don't fancy changing the settings throughout the gig, thus spoiling my experience.

I was thinking of leaving the camera in iAuto with EV set to +1.0.

The only other modes I could think of are Handheld Twilight and Superior Auto, but will these modes result in blurred shots for fast moving subjects?

I guess I need a setting which can focus in and take a photo in low light in the shortest time. Also, will it be best to keep the flash turned off?

I normally use a NEX-5 but didn't fancy taking this due to the limited zoom for an outdoor show.

Cheers

Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow