E-PL1, E-PL2 outstanding cameras, but . . .

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SW Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?
E-PL1, E-PL2 outstanding cameras, but . . .
Jul 15, 2012

I bought an Olympus E-PL1 early this year. I was blown away by all the many good things about it, especially image quality. I just now added an E-PL2 and I'm even more impressed and pleased.

Yet, as well-designed and made as these cameras are, as good as they are to shoot with, there's one flaw that leaves me wondering what the designer was thinking. My right thumb needs someplace to to hold on to, and it's not right where the video on/off button lives. Which leads to a question.

Does anyone know of a way to disable the video button through the menus (not using physical intervention)? If that, as I suspect, isn't possible, does anyone think the good people at Olympus might be induced to provide a firmware update making this possible? What I have in mind is encouraging fellow Pen model owners tired of hitting that button accidentally to write Olympus to request a firmware fix.

I welcome others' thoughts on this.

Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow