Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kartikmani2000
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Dead OM-D. Will NOT buy Olympus again!
Jul 15, 2012

My OM-D has been misbehaving for a while. I have been using the Pana Leica 14-150 mm lens with an MA-1 adaptor. I have not been shooting in extreme heat or cold. Unfortunately, the camera simply seems to die when actively connected to the lens. If you press the lens release, the image reappears but otherwise there is no control over the shutter. The camera works fine with my nokton which has no electronic contacts. The camera seems to turn the sensor output and lens controls off when the electronic lens is connected but seems to be actively adjusting shutter speed. Both the EVF and the tilt screen are completely black. I contacted Olympus support by the email on their website who was completely useless. This is not a premium product. As someone with a fair amount invested in the olympus panasonic column, I am seriously joining the sony fanboys. At least their cameras work.

Kartikmani2000's gear list:Kartikmani2000's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Leica M9-P Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph Mega OIS +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow