Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carbonman
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
1DX Good News, Bad News
Jul 15, 2012

Good News - I got a call this week that my 1Dx was finally in! Great news, since I've had money down on it since last October.

Bad News - I'm out of town and had no way to get payment arranged. The guy calling me asked his manager if I could get a little time to arrange payment and he said they would only hold it two days with out full payment! They've had my down payment money for nine months but won't give me a week to get something figured out. Boo. I had to give up the camera and go to the end of the list. I guess I don't have any pressing need for it for about six weeks so it won't really hurt too much, but it's still annoying.

Maybe I'll get another crack at one next year. Until then I guess my down payment will continue to sit in the dealer's bank account.

Such a sad end to the week. I've always been willing to pay a little more to support the local shop, but this may be the end of that story.

-- hide signature --

Carbonman

Flame alert: I wear Ztex underwear so if you flame me, not only don't I care, but you can't toast what matters.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow