5Dmk3 multi-controller buton missing

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
suddie1215
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,778Gear list
Like?
Re: 5Dmk3 multi-controller buton missing
In reply to Joe Tejeda Photography, Jul 14, 2012

Well, it happened to my 1D Mark III today. I was panning around in 5X Live View when I felt something between my fingers. I looked at it and realized it was the multi controller button just as it slipped from my fingers into the grass. I spent a frantic 15 minutes on my hands and knees combing through wet grass before I found it. I'll clean it off and see if I can pop it back in... I just happened to find this thread while Googling to see if anyone else had this problem.

Joe Tejeda Photography wrote:

Yes, I had the same thing happen to me in Zion today. Don't like have this "hole" in my camera until I get it taken care of. Never happened with my 1DM3. Quality control lacking on this piece at least. Don't like the idea of being without my tool for about 2-3 weeks for Canon Repair to take care of putting a button on it. ugh

suddie1215's gear list:suddie1215's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow