RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
Re: Challenges
In reply to Deleted pending purge, Jul 14, 2012

OldArrow wrote:

RaptorUK wrote:

OldArrow wrote:

There are also severely varying opinions as to the 0.5-star use. Although it belongs to the same quality judging scale, it can also be cast for inappropriately entered work (such as ones that disregard the aim and/or rules), which is wrong, since wrongly entered images can be high quality works nevertheless.

It is absolutely not wrong . . . DPReview tell us to rate images that do not meet the theme with a low score . . .

"how well does the image meet (your interpretation of) the challenge's criteria (name, description & rules)"

What I meant was, there is a Dogs Challenge, and you receive two entries: one of a dog, which is unsharp, wrong cadring, and PP'd to look like wet poster. The other is a cat, perfectly lighted, sharp and pretty. You have to vote them both low, but for entirely different reasons - using the same value scale . This is wrong, whatever the DPR explanation. I understand this may be a kind of heresy, but it can be changed -at least within the voting explanation...

OK, I understand . . . isn't the simplest method of voting to vote for what you think is good ? what you think is the best of the bunch ?

Why vote for the cat at all, why not give the really bad Dog picture your top vote ? it's the best of the 2 entries . . . relative to the cat picture.

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow