Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rizzobitz
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Steady-Shot Adapter
Jul 14, 2012

I just got back from my vacation using my new Nex-5n and one manual lens. After reading Friedman's book I was prepared, familiar with the camera and scrolling through the menus like a pro within 15 minutes of my battery being charged. I got the best shots and video clips, very creative, unique shots during my niece's baptism of the baptism water, sacraments, etc. People saw my little camera and felt more at ease than when I have my video camera or Canon+gear.

When I got home and looked through the video the camera shake was a disaster. Even with my monopod the Baptism video is embarassing.

Unfortunately, I need a better computer to run deshaker software to attempt to fix this.

I'm thinking of getting the Manfrotto video monopod with feet (561b) but it's impractical for me to carry a tripod or even the monopod with me everywhere for creative candid family video clips. Can you picture someone with a big fluid video head monopod with feet walking around Disneyland? My park across the street? The County Fair?

I had considered getting the Sony nex videocamera. There's no way I'll be doing this now. For video my point and shoot Sony Dsc-TX20 outperforms the nex5n/7 with $1,000.00 manual lens.

What I really want is a steady-shot filter/adapter. Is it possible to have something like this made to fit in between my camera and lens? If Sony can make a wonderful steady shot for my tiny $300.00 point and shoot couldn't Sony or someone else make a $300.00 steady shot adapter for the Nex?

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow