Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Yochi23
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Re: High ISO D7000
In reply to Peter Jonas, Jul 14, 2012

Peter Jonas wrote:

Yochi23 wrote:

By the way please try put the body of your post before the signature line "--". Some people have the display of the signature disabled, and they cannot see any part of your post.

Am trying to shoot birds with my Sigma 150-500. My F is about 5.6, the lowest number the camera allows me, and at the high speed. Was trying even 1/1200. What's the highest ISO you would recommend in order to avoid noise.
Thanks

Anyway.

From about ISO800 on you will start noticing noise. Not a much, but it will increase as you crank up the ISO sensitivity further. I have presentable images taken up to ISO6400, but there is plenty of noise in there.

You just need to do your own experiments with this to find out for yourself how much noise is acceptable to you.

If you do post processing you may be able to improve your photos. I cannot help you with that, but others here may be able to.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Peter Jonas

Thanks Peter,
I think I'll try not going above ISO800 and hope for better light
Yochi

Yochi23's gear list:Yochi23's gear list
Nikon D7000 Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow