DSLR Insurance (got no house/auto insurance to use)

Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
lostearstudio
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: DSLR Insurance (got no house/auto insurance to use)
In reply to nrb32049, Jul 14, 2012

nrb32049 wrote:

You want a "Declared Articles" policy; mine is from State Farm and covers about $10,000 worth of equipment and costs me around $120 per year. It covers everything except intentional abuse.

On a somewhat different note; may I suggest you consider the Canon t2i rather than their latest and greatest. The t2i is about to become unavailable but I just purchased one as a backup to my 7d, for my wife to use, and think it is a very competent camera.
--
Norm

Do I have to have any other insurance with state farm to have the declared articles policy? That policy sound exactly like what I'm looking for and I could use that to cover some of my other valuables too.

I would probably have picked the T2i instead if I didn't intend to try some video works. As I can figure out, the autofocus of the T4i is far better and the articulated screen would be extremely useful.

lostearstudio's gear list:lostearstudio's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow