infrared.. faux colour or b &w ...

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,871Gear list
Like?
Re: infrared.. faux colour or b &w ...
In reply to labe, Jul 14, 2012

It can depend on the particular exposure, in addition to subjective taste.

I always feel a photograph has the potential to be two photographs at least - color and mono. How that plays out I just have to see. I have plenty where the mono is the better expression - and my wife wants me to print and hang the color. Go figure.

IR is not so different in that regard. But I tend to prefer the monochrome rendering in mine. It might be because imperfections (the IR exposure being less refined in IQ than visible light exposures in general) and such aren't as distracting as in color (grain can be added to obscure noise, etc.).

As the presser of the shutter, you need to figure out your own preference, so you can shoot for yourself or an audience (and ultimately, find satisfaction shooting for both). That just takes practice and time.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow