Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hypercore360
Contributing MemberPosts: 741Gear list
Like?
MB-D12 Pixel Vertax
Jul 14, 2012

Quite a number of people seem to have an interest in the 3rd party accessories, and I thought I would give it a try. Been reading the "Pixel Vertax" is perhaps the one to get, although the Meike is probably just as good. Let's see...

Ordered the Pixel Vertax (MB-D12) from Amazon, as it became available probably just yesterday or the day before. It's not being sold by Amazon, but by a 3rd party vendor through Amazon. As it turns out, the seller is one that I've ordered from before, and I always prefer to deal with Amazon.com rather than a 3rd party vendor directly, esp. on Amazon, although the preferred vendors on eBay seem to be okay.

Ordered the unit around 10:30 PM last night. It said it would take "2 to 3 days to process", but this morning's email indicates it's already been shipped. I am hoping it doesn't take the the fully allotted time arrive. I've ordered from these buys before, and it's always been weeks ahead of schedule.

Had some points on one of the credit cards, so ended up less than $40 out of pocket.Worst case, If the product turns out to be not so good, I can throw it away or return it, but I'm not about to pay the 'rip-off' price that Nikon is charging. I get the business strategy on their party, but that being said, I've been more than pleased with the 3rd party grip for the D90. Has worked flawlessly for the last 3.5 yrs. Certainly that may not be the case with this one that I just ordered, but then again, the OEM could fail too. It's all coming from the land of the rising sun.

hypercore360's gear list:hypercore360's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow