Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mariomirabile
Senior MemberPosts: 1,266Gear list
Like?
HELP!!! E-30 autofocus problem
Jul 14, 2012

After returning from an interstate trip, I was disapointed to find many of my shots were out of focus. Shots with both my 12-60 and my new (used) 7-14 were soft. Most appeared to be front-focused. More concerned about the lack of performance of the 7-14, I tried doing an AF calibration on it, but no amount of adjustment fixed the problem. I then started to look more closely at the 12-60 shots, and noticed the same issue, but to a lesser extent. Note that the 12-60 has been fine tuned and has focussed flawlessly for nearly the whole year I've had it.

Today I got out and took a bunch of shots with the 12-60, 50 f2 and 7-14. Results were all over the place, with a large percentage of front focussed shots, particularly at the wide end of the zooms I've put the camera in cleaning mode and blown off the AF sensor, and also cleaned the contacts on body and lenses. Given that the problem is happening with multiple lenses, it looks like the body is at fault.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Just before the trip, I took a bunch of test shots with a Sigma 30mm f1.4 I thinking of getting. They seemed fine. Any chance the Sigma did something to the AF system? Can I try anything, or is it a repair job?

Thanks in advance

Mario

Olympus E-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow