Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mengkysan2708
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Disappointing D7000
Jul 14, 2012

I upgraded from a D70s to the D7000 recently and added a Nikkor 16-35mm VR lens ready for the move to full frame.

After hours of reading manuals, on-line tips and so on, I'm finding it very difficult to get good results - consistent or otherwise.

Almost all images are bland, and short on colour even on Vivid settings.

White balance seems to cater to the brightest area in the shot meaning subject is always darker than it should be. I have tried all manner of configurations but even on spot , if I point at my baby boy with a window slightly to the side and in the background, the white balance picks up the window light and makes my boy dark.

Images are generally dark even though meter reading is either telling me it is perfect or even slightly over exposed.

I used to shoot my D70s on "A" setting, but this makes images too dark or too over exposed on my D7000.

Every shot has to be adjusted heavily in Lightroom and then this makes the image look unnatural.

I'm wondering whether something is faulty with the camera / lens or the pairing of the two but I've only had both for 8 weeks.

I used to enjoy using my DSLR but now I am too frustrated to get it out as I just can't get good, clean, colourful, lively images.

If I want to shoot moving images (say my bouncing baby), the 1/125 setting means it's too dark even in lighting good enough for my point and shoot P300.

This is the other thing, my P300 on Auto takes better photos than my D7000 on Auto.

Can anyone give me some ideal settings for my D7000.... i.e what focus points should I be using .... AF-S, AF-A, AF-C etc etc.

All thoughts appreciated.

Nikon Coolpix P300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D70s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BestNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow