Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,083
Like?
whatever
In reply to photo perzon, Jul 14, 2012

I've learned a few things.

1) In good light, most cameras over $ 200 will do just fine.

Well, you forgot AF, burst rate, tracking speed, turn on time, flash sync, accessories, and a few other things. Aside from that you got it complete

2) The reason to spend over $ 200 is pictures with no flash in low indoor light

It took you 30 cameras to learn that?

The only pictures worth keeping are social snaps with people. Postcards from pros are much better with their 10 pound cameras they lug to tourist events and sites.

So, a cell phone would do you just fine? You have no photographic ambitions at all? No pride in doing it yourself? No desire to get better?

Bottom line is, whether you realize it or not, you've just told us you're not really that interested in photography, so you got a RX100 to take snapshots in poor lighting. A glowing recommendation.

Kind of like going to the performance car forums, and proudly announcing "I just realized I had no need for a fast car, so after 6 sports cars, I brought a Smartcar, which gets me to grocery store just fine." Might be true, but is it really interesting to anyone else besides you?

Personally, I live to take photos. It's another way to see the world. I can respect not being interested, most of my friends aren't, but they don't brag about it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow