some pics taken with TG-1

Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
geoffmalter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,943Gear list
Like?
Re: some pics taken with TG-1
In reply to karlwitt, Jul 14, 2012

karlwitt wrote:

when I was doing some close ups I could not believe what detail that the camera picks up. I know there may be some that don't like bug pics but check out the wing structure on this dragon fly. really gave me an idea of the depth of field and what detail the camera would give me. this pic is not touched up and the camera was at 8 mp. I am new to this forum and am not sure you can do it but if you can zoom on this pic try zooming down as far as it will let you and really look at the detail. It is truly unreal.

This is really nice! When I asked you earlier about saturation, I did so because as a new TG-1 owner, I read some comments including one review that complained about the "flatness" and subpar saturation of colors produced by OOC stills, especially with yellows and greens. This has not been my experience, as demonstrated by the following pics, using iAUTO, I took this afternoon straight OOC:

geoffmalter's gear list:geoffmalter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow