RX100 review at Luminous-landscape.com

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 11,601Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon vs. Sony jpgs....RAW...
In reply to villebon, Jul 13, 2012

villebon wrote:

Congrats on your sale. One may get a lot of praise but the only meaningful ones are when a client makes a purchase.

Thanks...it's really a mostly a hobby for me...I did apply the proceeds to a new RX100.

I've printed several RX100 JPEGs from the IR website. Sized to 24"x36", I printed a quarter at 12"x18" and saw no smearing. To be sure, I've shown the prints the an Epson 3800 owner and he was astonished at the quality of the prints coming from such a small camera. RAW should be even better.

The smearing is selective...only here and there.

RX100 can easely make 16"x20". I've had several printed to that size from a Canon G10 whose pixels size are way, way smaller than the RX100.

Yep...Imaging Resource claims even larger.

Anyway, clients don't spend much time looking at photographs close to their nose, only wannabe photographers do that.

You're right...the average client wouldn't recognize smearing...actually they might like the effect...

Waiting for my RX100 from B&H, July 18th they say.

You're going to like it.

-- hide signature --
 Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow