5 years and 30 cameras later, 80,000 pictures and the Sony RX100

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: 5 years and 30 cameras later, 80,000 pictures and the Sony RX100
In reply to photo perzon, Jul 13, 2012

photo perzon wrote:

We'll see if the Sony RX100 delivers. I think it will. At $ 650 it is cheaper than the $ 10,000 I spent on cameras (most of which I got back on eBay.) It's been a fun 5 year ride. 80,000 pictures.

I'm sure it can - but, from the number of cameras that you have been through and from looking at all the photos in your gallery, my guess is that you are actually a person more interested in the fine points of different cameras than in the fine points of photography. (I can't seem to find one photo where you have used any of your cameras to anything like their full photographic potential.) Nothing wrong with being interested in playing with cameras. I suspect you are the kind of person who is always going to want the next camera that gets great reviews - even if the one(s) you currently have are more than enough for the photos you actually take.

Many modern cameras are marvelous pieces of engineering - I can understand the fascination.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow