7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
XFitter
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist
In reply to qianp2k, Jul 13, 2012

I haven't moved out yet, just observing. Thanks to all that have already contributed, obviously people have different opinions, but that's the point, right?

I did have a question about the shooting technique. Since these gyms I'm shooting in have a wide range of lighting (see examples with bay doors having great natural light, but darker as you go in the gym) should I not use the auto ISO? I select the shutter speed for fast moving athletes and I select the aperture to let as much light in and keep the ISO down, but like I said, CF gyms can have a huge range of light. Anyway, I'm still 2000+ on the ISO and when I crop, it's not as detailed as I want. I attached a photo to illustrate

unedited:

I don't use the Sigma for the gym, I use the 50/1.4...but you're saying it doesn't have good IQ? I do realize if I go FF then I'll need to get rid of the Sigma and Canon 18-135. I'm fine with that and actually another reason why I'm leaning towards the 5Dii (I was already going to get some L glass to replace the 18-135)

I WOULD print canvases bigger than 30" so that sounds like another reason to go 5D

again, thanks for everyone's input so far...

XFitter's gear list:XFitter's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow