Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Derek Bach
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
Re: Michael Reichmann also has a review of the RX100
In reply to MichaelKJ, Jul 13, 2012

MichaelKJ wrote:

in which he likens it to the Rollei S35

For many photographers of a certain age the Rollie 35 was the ultimate pocket camera. From 1966 till the early 1980's this camera in its variations was the carry-anywhere camera for serious photographers. Since the beginning of the digital revolution we (or at least I) have been looking for a digital Rollei 35 equivalent, and with the Sony RX100 I think I've found it. It's pocketable, full-featured, yet with relative simplicity of use. It has a fast(ish) high quality lens and excellent image quality. Add to this raw, image stabilization, very decent video capability and a high resolution sensor of sufficient size to allow for a quality 13X19" prints, and though the RX100 and the Rollei are actually as similar as chalk and cheese, they turn out to be soul brothers under the skin.

Yes but the Ricoh GR1 (film) was even better than the Rollie IMO - where the Sony may win now is the fast zoom lens (fast at 28mm equiv. at least)
Derek

Derek Bach's gear list:Derek Bach's gear list
Ricoh GR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
++1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow