ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
madmaxmedia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,524
Like?
Some positive hands-on tidbits about the NEX-F3
Jul 13, 2012

I played around with one at a store, and found some interesting things-

1. It offers the automatic lens correction of the 5N- CA, distortion, vignetting. Pretty sure all three were there. I didn't closely inspect images or anything so can't comment on IQ, NR, etc. I'm curious if JPEG's pop right out of the camera like the 5N does.

2. It has front curtain shutter.

3. The shutter sound has been muffled, and sounds much more appealing than the previous 3-series models. That is, even without front curtain shutter it would sound significantly better. With it enabled, the shutter sound seems pretty similar to say the Olympus E-P1. I think it is quieter, but more importantly it sounds less 'metallic'. I think the sound is better than the 5N.

The body feels pretty solid and light, which I think is a plus- it doesn't feel cheap to me. It's not the prettiest camera, but is not ugly IMO either- it looks like a no-frills functional brick (but I mean that in a mostly good way.) I don't like the new LCD tilt mechanism, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me since if anything, I tilt it more often for waist-level shooting than 'up high' shooting.

Not all new info, but I had seen a couple of these asked and discussed here so thought I'd post. I think this is overall a good upgrade over previous 3-series, especially if JPEG images are similar to 5N.

And with all these features carried over from the 5N, it might mode well for the next 5-model- maybe Sony has some new stuff in mind to differentiate the new 5 from this 3...

Olympus PEN E-P1 Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow