Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ml16
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
D800 P Mode - "Flexible Program"
Jul 13, 2012

I was just playing around with my D800 yesterday (trying to learn all the functions) and was trying P Mode. If I ever want to be in a picture, I sometimes need to hand the camera to my wife or someone else (someone I know) and having something akin to auto is sometimes useful.

Anyway, I had the 85 1.8G on and it wouldn't let me change the Aperture setting. It just stayed at 1.8. I tried to read through the manual on how to change this and it says (page 118) "different combinations of shutter speed and aperture can be selected by rotating the main command dial while the exposure meters are on (“flexible program”)." and on page 194 it says the default for "Flexible Program" is Off and that the toggle for this setting should be in the Shooting menu. I've searched the shooting menu and can't find it...maybe I'm blind but I just can't figure out how to change this setting.

Has anyone tried this? I suspect not many people are going to use P mode but figured I'd reach out.

Thanks.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow