Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ideon
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
D800 - My greetings from Bahrain
Jul 13, 2012

I too would like to greet you with my fresh D800 photos, this time from Manama, the Bahrain capital. The photos were processed in CCPro 2 to achieve the desired colours.

The above photo is a result of many of my trials to achieve the most poetic composition and the colour tonality as well as rendition of the water. I have used the 'shadow protection' function to lighten the sea surface to match the lightness of the sky and to support the symmetrical composition of the photo. I have also altered the original white balance to achieve this color warmth. On the photo you can see the Bahrain World trade Centre towers with the wind propellers generating power supply contrasting with the scale of rest of the capital buildings.

This scene attracted my attention by the red reflection in the water, which I have later emphasized by the saturation increase in the CCPro 2. The three towers on the right side represent an unfinished project which was put on hold while hit by the financial crisis.

The photos was taken with my one and only 14-24mm/2.8 lens, which I find extremely sharp, reliable and just ideal for the type of work I like.

Best Regards from Manama & Good Light

-- hide signature --

Martin

ideon's gear list:ideon's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow