ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bernard2005
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Olympus OMD 5E V Nikon d7000 v Canon 7D
Jul 13, 2012

Dear All,
Please help me to decide which camera to choose.

I'm an amateur photographer who enjoys taking family photographs at home, on holidays,etc.

Currently I am using old Canon 350d (DSLR)with 18-55mm kit lens and 75-300mm zoom.Once I buy myself new camera I am going to give my old camera and two lenses to my 24 year old son so I am not attached to any manufacturer.

After reading your great articles on your website and visiting photo shops on several occasions I'm falling in love with Olympus OMD 5E and Panasonic/Leica 25mm 1.4 lens.However for the price of this camera/lens combo I would have to pay $A 1,650.00.For the same amount of money I could buy Nikon D7000 with 16-85mm lens($A 1,627)or Canon 7D with 15-85mm lens($A1,761).Am I better off buying myself Olympus OMD 5E with Panasonic Leica 25mm lens as a start(only 50mm range instead of 16-85mm) and later on(once I save some more money),getting myself Olympus 12mm/f2 and Olympus 45mm/1.8 or Panasonic/Leica 45mm F2.8

Or getting Nikon d7000 or Canon 7D with zoom lenses and later on getting fast prime lens(50mm f1.4).I do like an idea of having much smaller camera but I could be happy with the bigger DSLR.I have seen on lensTip.com a magnificent photo taken inside of the church without a flash with Panasonic/Leica lens 25mmf1.4.I don't think that I would be able to take such photographs with Nikon or Canon lens with apperture f3.5.I do not mind spending more money for the Olympus OMD 5E with fast prime lenses as long as I am convinced that I am better off 'investing' my money in mirror less camera system.
I greatly value your advice.
Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Bernard2005

Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N) Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow